Have you considered what your new years resolution will be? One of the best resolutions that you can make for 2018 is to take better care of your oral health.
You can use the help of your dentist in Virginia Beach to do so! Learn more about how to optimize your oral health in 2018 with these helpful dental tips.
Get the Smile You’ve Always Wanted in 2018?
If you plan on saving money in the new year, taking better care of your teeth and gums could be the start of a larger savings! If you take great care of your smile, you can reduce the chance of developing dental diseases like gum disease or tooth decay issues. Instead, you’ll receive painless, preventive care to keep your smile strong for years to come! Just follow these helpful tips to be able to bring your smile up to the next level:
- Stay away from starch and sweets in 2018 – Eating too many breads, sweet foods, and crackers can leave lingering debris in your mouth. These debris can mix with the bacteria in your mouth and create a harmful acid that degrades the health of your smile.
- Do not drink alcohol too much– Alcohol should be used in moderation if you do choose to use it. If you abuse alcohol, your smile can change shades and deteriorate as well. It’s best to eliminate use or drink every once in a while.
- Brush and floss twice a day – Everyone knows that you should brush and floss their teeth. But not everyone does it! Be sure to brush your teeth twice a day and never skip out on flossing.
- Add more natural foods in your diet – Good nutrition is important for your whole body—especially to keep your smile strong. Vitamins and nutrients enhance your immune system, reducing the risk of dental issues.
- Throw out your tobacco habit – Tobacco is a bad habit for your whole body. It can make your teeth loose, darken their shade, and even cause oral cancer.
A Few Extra Tips to Improve Your Oral Health
The tips listed above are important things to implement to improve your oral health. These are also other smaller tips that can add the little boost in your dental health:
- Don’t use your teeth as scissors to avoid dental damage.
- Ask your dentist for fluoride treatments and dental sealants to boot oral health.
- Use a soft toothbrush to massage your teeth rather than abrasively scrubbing them.
- You should get a new toothbrush at least every 3 months.
- Use a customized mouthguard from your dentist to keep your teeth protected from teeth grinding.
- Keep all of your dental appointments to receive the necessary preventive care you need.
As mentioned above, your dentist is here to help you throughout your journey to oral health. Feel free to schedule your appointment today!
About Our Office
Here at Esparza Family Dentistry, you don’t want you to feel overwhelmed with your resolution to achieve better oral health. We’re here to help you every step of the way. Feel free to contact Dr. Esparza for partnership in improved dental health.